Every PR professional is headache about the new year planning for media relations, digital relations. Here’s the strategies inforgraphic for reference.
Some points to note:
- 85% of adults use the Internet.
- Two‐thirds of those online use the “cloud”
- Forrester Research reports that over 70% are active in social networks
- Connections are faster, mobile and focused on outside servers and storage
- The Internet is the third most popular source for news, trailing behind local and national television, but ahead of newspapers and radio broadcasts
- Almost two‐thirds (61 percent) of people get news online and 68% have watched a video news story online. (atnext.com or on.cc in HK?)
*How these affect new Media Relations strategies?
Media outlets need images, audio and video for their websites
>>>Social press room is needed.<<<
- make the press release relevant for search engines and interesting to the people who find and read them online
- Releases have to be shareable so that people can pass them along to friends in social networks
- a resource for digital journalists and bloggers who are always on the lookout for fresh content
Visual Storytelling is the key
Images + Video
Source: Press Feed
Contact our Smart Talents Consultants